Mr. Debrah was employed by KNUST Governing Council in May 2001. He was posted to the School of Engineering, the precursor of now College of Engineering, and was in charge of the administration of the School under the Dean. In January 2005, he was transferred from the School to the University Examinations Office where he coordinated the conduct of examinations in the University and preparation of certificates for successful graduates.
Mr Debrah was again transferred from the University Examinations Office to the Registrar’s Office in November 2006 until he was again transferred to the then College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) in August 2009. He provided the backstopping support to the team that successfully managed the migration of Faculty of Art to CAP to form College of Art and Built Environment (CABE).
Mr Debrah was promoted to the rank of Senior Assistant Registrar in October 2008 and Acting Deputy Registrar in August 2009.He was promoted to Deputy Registrar in 2016. He has served on a number of Committees that resulted in a major shift of University policy. Among them are the First Edition of Rules and Regulations for the Conduct of University Examination, 2006 and the Criteria for the Appointment and Promotion of Senior Members (Administrative/Professional).
Mr. Debrah is a member of Ghana Association of University Administrators, Ghana Bar Association and LIONS CLUB International. He is a Protestant Christian and member of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
Mr. Debrah has used the vast experience he has accumulated to serve the Community. In the University, he was elected and served the position of Vice-President, Ghana Association of University Administrators, KNUST Branch from 2008-2012. He was a member of the Team that successfully negotiated the migration of members of the Association to the Single Spine Salary Structure.
He was elected Assistant Secretary of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, Asante Presbytery Choirs’ Union, with membership of about 2000 adults and 200 minors and served the position for three Years (2007- 2009) and was elected President for the same Union for two year-term from 2010-2016.
Being a member of LIONS Club International affiliated to the Garden City Lions Club, Kumasi, Mr Debrah has served in many positions of the Club and elected President for the 2015/2016 Lionistic Year.
As the Institute of Distance Learning Registrar, Mr. Debrah is the Secretary to the Board and a member of the Management Committe.
Mr Debrah is married to Radeska and has a Child and two grand children. He loves listening to music, especially hymns and choral music. He
Likes indoor games and his favourite is Scrabble.
Deputy Registrar (DR) in the Institute of Distance Learning performs the role of the five main divisions of the Registrar of the University viz, General Administration, Academic and Students’ Affairs, Human Resources Management, Legal & Welfare, University Relations, and others. The specific functions include but not limited to the following:
- Advises the Director on the day-to-day administration and management of the College
- Serves as Member/Secretary to the Institute Board, Institute Management Committee, and other ad-hoc committees that may be set up by the Institute
- Responsible for policy development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation within the framework of the University-wide policies and guidelines; interpretation of statutes, policies, regulations and guidelines
- Conducts studies, identifies gaps and writes memos, position papers, concept papers, etc. suggesting appropriate recommendations towards best practices to improve upon the operations within the Institute and the entire University
- Direct supervision of staff in the Institute offices and oversight responsibility of staff other than academic Senior Members in the Institute
- Ensures conducive environment for teaching and learning in the Institute, including environmental cleanliness and provision of adequate facilities
- Liaise with the Institute, College and the Faculty Examinations Officers for the smooth conduct of examinations in the Institute
- Provides interpretation of all regulations of the University concerning Students and Staffs
- Advice members of the Appointments and Promotions committee on policy guidelines governing their schedule Professional/Academic Background
- MSc (Development Policy Planning) Kumasi 1999
- Roll of Lawyers & Qualifying Certificate( Barrister & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Ghana)Accra 2015
- Final Professional Qualifying Diploma (Fdip), CIAMC, 2003
- BA (Hons) Geography and Resource Development with Political Science,
Second Class (Upper Division), Ghana 1991
- LLB, Second Class (Lower Division)Kumasi 2011
- Examination of Influence of Cultural Leadership practices for 21st Century Universities:
The Ghana Perspectives (Owusu-Ansah Debrah, Esq and Paul Kwadwo Addo, EdD) A Paper delivered at Conference of Association of Carribbean Higher education Administrators(ACHEA) July 11-13, 2019
- Consideration of General Agriculture Students in Senior High School for Admission in BSc Agriculture and Natural Resources programmes 2018 (with K. A. Karikari and Paul K Addo)
- Towards the Strengthening of the Administrative Unit of the University: The Case of the Dean of Students’ Office - 2017
- Representation on Boards where Rank is the Primary Qualification – 2016
- Decentralisation of Promotion from Lecturer to Senior and Analogous Grades to the College: The Experience of CABE – 2016
- Proposal for Industry Support and Collaboration with College of Architecture and Planning, March 2011
- The Two-Tier System and the Consideration of Examinations Results, October, 2010
Institute of Distance Learning